Dear Early Childhood Parents,
We hope you and your family are enjoying the summertime together. We are already looking towards orientation and the first days of school. Enclosed are some helpful tips and information about our program as well as forms that must be returned to the Early Childhood Office by Tuesday, August 20th.
Please complete/hand in one form per child:
- Medical Forms from your physician: Health Form 3040 and Immunization Form 680. All students must have current medical forms on file before the first day of school. If we have student forms in our file, parents will receive a letter one month prior to the expiration date on the current forms and must submit updated forms at that time. If our current records indicate that your child’s forms are expiring shortly or have expired, this information was sent to you in the mail.
- Getting To Know Your Child and You Form
- A Flu Guide for Parents
- Nutrition Plan
- Pre-Kindergarten only: If you have not yet registered for VPK go to www.elcbroward.org to complete the application process and bring the Child Eligibility Certificate to the EC office.
- Discipline Policy
- Expulsion Policy
- Emergency Information Form One form per family. New Parents: 1. Go to www.parentlocker.com 2. Use your email address that you are currently receiving this email to as your user name and the temporary password: bma123. ParentLocker is BMA’s student information system that you will use throughout the school year.
- Swim Central form
- Parent | Teacher Handbook Last page of handbook must be signed and returned.
Know Your Child Care Facility, Suggestions for Easing Transition to School and Frequently Asked Questions are included as well. Please keep this information for your records.
BMA’s Early Childhood department purchases all classroom supplies. Please send in the following labelled personal items for your child.
- Change of clothes (just in case)
- Smock or large t-shirt
- Backpack (no wheelie bags)
- Blanket and mat for Toddlers through Nursery, if your child stays all day. Blankets go home every Friday to be cleaned and returned on Monday.
- Mats can be purchased from Ace Educational, on University Drive between Griffin and Stirling Road. No exercise mats or cloth mats, please.
- Diapers and wipes (if applicable)
- Recent photo of your child
- Family photo
We can’t wait to welcome you and your children back for the 2019 – 2020 school year!
Roni Kurtz, M.S.
Principal of Early Childhood